My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ANDY MARTIN SEEKS TO DEBATE "ALL COMERS" FOR REPUBLICAN NOMINATION

ANDY MARTIN
The Right Republican for
U. S. Senator from Illinois/2008
Suite 4406, 30 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
Toll-free tel. (866) 706-2639
Toll-free fax (866) 707-2639
Web site: www.AndyforUSSenator.com
E-mail: AndyMart20@aol.com


May 16, 2007

Mr. Andy McKenna
Chairman
Illinois Republican arty
205 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60606
via fax (312) 201-0181


Re: Senate debate in Champaign


Dear Andy:

I was previously advised that the State Central Committee did not want to hear from candidates at the meeting on Saturday. I plan to be there Friday and Saturday to “meet and greet;” an invitation is going out tonight.

It occurred to me you may want to rethink your no-speech, no-debate decision.

Nothing increases interest in and attention of a party more than debates and candidate confrontations. The presidential candidates have already had two (2) debates; why not the Illinois U. S. Senate candidates, now that I have a primary opponent?

I am anxious to debate Sauerberg and he should be anxious to confront me.

It would increase the turnout and ratchet up the interest.

As a “heavyweight” debater (who is always on a diet of the other kind) I am ready to take on all comers, and especially my latest opponent.

Anyway, I am just making a suggestion. I will be there Saturday revved up and ready to go. If the Committee changes its mind about candidate speeches, please let me know in advance and I will prepare some remarks. Or I can be prepared to debate Sauerberg if you decide to stage a brief session.

Because Sauerberg is not an experienced debater or familiar with national issues I am prepared to offer him the handicap of a short debate, say thirty (30) minutes instead of the normal length.

Cordially,

ANDY MARTIN

AM:sp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home