My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Andy Martin under attack by Barack Obama's "Disinformation Doctors"

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

ANDY MARTIN'S "RIGHT-WING SMEAR MACHINE" STRIKES AGAIN; OR DOES IT?

MIAMI HERALD PORTRAYS MARTIN AS "CHIEF RUMOR-MONGER" AGAINST BARACK OBAMA

MAINSTREAM MEDIA DISINFORMATION SERVICES GO INTO OVERDRIVE TO PROTECT OBAMA FROM THE FACTS AND THE TRUTH; WASHINGTON POST, MIAMI HERALD LATEST TO JOIN OBAMA'S FANTASY PARADE

WHO IS REALLY TELLING THE TRUTH, AND WHO IS REALLY PUBLISHING "RUMORS," MARTIN ASKS

QUESTION: WHEN WAS OBAMA BAPTIZED AS A CHRISTIAN?

(CHICAGO)(December 17, 2007) A reporter from the Miami Herald interviewed me last week. We had a long, substantive discussion, in which I pointed out that I had only published facts and original research about Barack Obama since 2004. All of my factual claims had been found to be true, and all of my opinions based on my facts were accurate.

Sunday the Herald portrayed me as a "chief rumor-monger" concerning Obama. Previously I had been called the kingpin of a "Right-Wing Smear Machine" by The Nation magazine.

What's going on here? Me? Rumor-monger? "Smear machine?"

I submit that it is the mainstream media, and not ContrarianCommentary.com, that are the real peddlers of rumors, fantasies, half-truths and disinformation from Obama Central.

First, a little background. Way back in August 2004 I published original research on Obama's religious past. At the time, the Illinois media were soused on Obama's Kool-Aid, and pretended the facts were not as I presented them. Fast forward to 2006. Obama is running for president, and I am still doing original research. Some people started paying attention.

The Nation magazine suggested I circulated anonymous e-mails about Obama; but my name is my brand, and my name is on anything I have ever issued about Barry O. I do not do anonymous. Not many publishers and columnists do. So why the attempt to snarkily suggest I do "anonymous" postings about Obama?

The mainstream media can’t face the truth, and they are engaged in a massive disinformation campaign to sell Obama to the American people.

Fact: In 2004, I debunked Obama's myth that his father was a "goat-herder." But there was Obama's lie, published in Friday's Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/13/AR2007121301784.html: "Barack Hussein Obama Sr. grew up herding goats..."

This claim is a crass distortion and misrepresentation of the Obama family's history. Obama's father was a rich boy, who came from an educated and affluent family.

In Kenya, where a great deal of wealth (not unlike Illinois where I live) is measured in land and livestock, Obama's grandfather had some goats, and his son helped care for them. Guess what? We have prosperous farmers in Illinois, and no one calls them "goat-herders" even though their children come to the State Fair to display their prize animals. Barack Jr. has slandered his father by calling him a "goat-herder," and the media lets him get away with this lie. Do they fact-check at the Post?

The Post was right about one, thing, however: Obama has never wanted to know the truth abut his father, because he has been so successful in selling the media a lie. One of Barack Senior's friends tied to engage Obama about his father but "[Barack, Junior] did not want to pursue it." "Not even a little bit." Strange. Or is it? If you are selling the public a myth, why muddy the waters with the truth?

The Miami Herald claims the "real story" is told on Obama's own web site. Puhleeeze. The Herald claims Obama's parents "did not practice any religion." Oh yah?

Then who registered Obama as a "Muslim" at primary school in Jakarta? Why did Obama's father receive a Muslim burial and, no doubt, a Muslim wedding in Kenya?

Instead of digging beneath the surface of Obama's fantasies, the Herald resorted to trying to undermine my credibility by citing a 34 year-old court opinion, where I was attacked by the Illinois Supreme Court for successfully being part of a team that forced two crooked judges off the court. I have always been committed to the truth. Obama has not. If Obama would just go back 34 years in his own life, and start telling the truth, instead of telling 34 year old lies about me, we could get somewhere.(Full disclosure: I am very unpopular with lawyers and judges, for successfully exposing decades of corruption both in Illinois and nationally. And I am very proud of that fact.)

And just exactly what "rumors" have I published? None whatsoever. My writings are all there to be seen, and all of my commentary has stood the test of time. [See ContrarianCommentary.com, as well as other sources on the Internet.]

I have always accepted the fact that Obama is a Christian. But the Herald muddied the waters as to when Obama became a Christian. Has Obama ever presented a baptismal certificate? Of course not. That would date his acceptance of Christianity. He just focuses on the "is." "It all depends on what your definition of what "is," is. Bill Clinton meet Barack Obama.

Should religion be an issue? Obama thinks so. That is why he constantly uses African-American churches as a backdrop for his photo-ops. When you play the religion card, isn’t fair game to ask when you were baptized? Or don’t you want the public to know? Notice I am not questioning Obama's current Christianity, or seeking to slander his church. My doorman is a member of the same congregation. Rather, I am asking a simple question: when did you become a Christian? Do you have a record date for your acceptance? Conversion? A certificate? Something. So far as I am aware, there is nothing.

Bottom line: my commentary stings Obama precisely because I print the facts and lay out the truth, and no one can impeach me on the facts or the truth. So Obama's "disinformation doctors" have to resort to calling me names, such as "rumor-monger" and "smear machine," and fall back on 34 year-old court opinions in a desperate effort to debunk me. It hasn't worked, has it?

I correctly predicted earlier this year that the issue of Obama's religion would not go away, and that questions would not disappear, until the truth came out. All of it. I'm still waiting. The mainstream media thought they had buried Obama's religion in January. Now who was right and who was wrong?

Who are you going to believe?

I think it is time for full disclosure from Barack Obama. It is time for his "Mitt Romney Moment." Or are Democrats who traffic in religious allusions when they want to profit politically, and otherwise want to stonewall, held to a different standard of disclosure?

You be the judge.
------------------------------------------
Chicago-based Internet journalist, broadcaster and media critic Andy Martin is the Executive Editor and publisher of ContrarianCommentary.com. © Copyright by Andy Martin 2007. Martin covers regional, national and world events with over forty years of experience. He is currently a candidate for U. S. Senator from Illinois. AndyforUSSenator.com. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. Columns also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com. Comments? E-mail: AndyMart20@aol.com. Media contact: (866) 706-2639. Web sites: ContrarianCommentary.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home