My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Andy Martin and ContrarianCommentary.com become the #1 political blog of the 2008 campaign

Andy Martin on Hillary Clinton’s victory in Pennsylvania. ContrarianCommentary.com has been handicapping the Democratic presidential race better than the mainstream media. Better even than the Democrats themselves. Why? Andy Martin gives his explanation.

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

AMERICA’S #1 POLITICAL
BLOG ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN

ANDY MARTIN ON THE PENNSYLVANIA PRIMARY

CLINTON WINS PENNSYLVANIA; CONTRARIANCOMMENTARY.COM SCORES A GRAND SLAM AS THE #1 POLITICAL BLOG OF THE 2008 CAMPAIGN

WHY THE MEDIA ELITE ARE SUCKING EGGS IN 2008

(NEW YORK)(April 23, 2008) On February 20th of this year I went out on a limb, a very lonely limb. Based on our proprietary research, I came to radically different conclusions than the mainstream media (MSM) about the future course of the Democratic Party’s presidential race. http://www.contrariancommentary.com/community/Home/tabid/36/mid/363/newsid363/161/Default.aspx

I wrote:

But the idea that Clinton and Obama are interchangeable candidates as presidential nominees is utterly wrong…. The “chatter” I receive tells me two things: (1) MSM have not played the role they should have; (2) “Clinton” Democrats are not necessarily going to line up behind Obama when McCain is the Republican option… Are Clinton and Obama interchangeable nominees? Not at all. You read it here first. ContrarianCommentary.com… My advice to Hillary? Honey, talk it up. Tough it out. Take it to the convention. And tell it like it is. And start doing this tomorrow. Not on March 5th.

Sixty days later, my predictions have been vindicated. It has taken the MSM two months to catch up with ContrarianCommentary.com and to awaken to the reality that Clinton voters will not necessarily be Obama voters in November.

Why does ContrarianCommentary.com get it so right, over and over again, and why do the MSM get it so wrong? Because we are genuinely objective. Eons ago (last year) I did a column in which I stated that because of the heated Republican race (I am a registered Republican) I would concentrate on analyzing the Democrats. And I have. I don’t come to the table with the emotional investment, or baggage, of the Olbermanns, Matthews’, Russerts and the rest of the liberal NBC/OBC (Obama Broadcasting Company) commentators. Likewise for CNN. They don’t like Hillary Clinton either. They all want to bury her.

Tuesday morning (April 22nd) at an ungodly hour I filed my story “The Hillary Clinton I know.” I then turned to Richard Cohen in the Washington Post who was all but screaming “liar, liar, pants on fire” at Clinton. With a headline of “Clinton in the Wilderness,” Cohen called an MSM poll a “damning indictment.” I slept soundly. I knew I was right and he was wrong.

But why was Cohen so cold, and why was I so warm and positive? (I hesitate to say “Midwestern values.”) It is because we analyze candidates and politics and elections from different perspectives. I have actually been in the arena. The MSM commentators have not.

We saw what the MSM could not see. That Obama would weaken in the stretch, and that his “base” was not a base that could withstand a frontal attack from an aggressive opponent. Obama thought he had “won” the nomination when he cleared the field of weak opponents. That was when I predicted Clinton could win.

As long as Hillary was on the stage with the other bloviating nitwits of the primary season (Dodd, Kucinich, Gravel, Richardson, Biden, Edwards) she could not attack Obama or even effectively campaign against him. Her hands were tied. Now she has trained her fire on Barry O, and Obama is going down. He staked $10 million on stopping Hillary in Pennsylvania and failed. His wall of impregnability and inevitability has been breached. As long as Obama could hide in the crowd, his financial base gave him cred. Now that his real “base” is exposed for what it is, and he is slowly being exposed for who he is, he will not survive.

Watching the bloviators comment on Clinton’s double-digit win Tuesday night I was stuck by how far removed from realty the MSM still remain. The media army is in retreat, full retreat. They are praying that Indiana or North Carolina will save them. Don’t count on it Mr. Olbermann. David Gergen was probably contemplating eight years in Guantanamo, in a cell next to Bill Richardson if Clinton prevails.

As for myself, I am looking for a convention room in Denver. Can anyone put me up? I don’t want to have to bunk in with Olbermann and his crowd. Fat chance.

Today I would also like to claim a victory. Based on an extraordinary batting average, ContrarianCommentary.com is the #1 political blog of the 2008 campaign. Bar none.

On February 20th, when I told Hillary to “take it to the convention” I was a very lonely columnist. I am still a lonely columnist. The MSM will not admit what is in front of them. Or as Reverend Jeremiah Wright might preach, “There are none so blind as those who will not see; none so deaf as those who will not hear.” It is amusing, almost, that it takes a Republican to tell the truth about the Democrats.

And Hillary is still my “honey.” You go girl. Last month I celebrated forty years in broadcasting. I know Senator Clinton won’t bake me a cake; I saw her 60 minutes remarks in 1992. But maybe she could relent, just a little bit, and scare up a few homemade cookies? For the #1 political blog in the 2008 campaign?

THURSDAY: THE NEW YORK TIMES DECLARES WAR ON AMERICA
FRIDAY: ANDY TELLS IT LIKE IT IS ON
INDIANA AND NORTH CAROLINA; NEW PREDICTIONS
AND UNIQUE INSIGHTS
WEEKEND: THE STRANGE CASE OF LARRY SINCLAIR
---------------------------------------------------------
Chicago's Number One Internet columnist, broadcaster and media critic, Andy Martin, is the Executive Editor and publisher of http://www.ContrarianCommentary.com. © Copyright by Andy Martin 2008. Martin covers regional, national and world events with more than forty years of experience. He is a chronicler of all things Midwestern and the authentic Voice of Middle America. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. He has been a candidate for U. S. Senator from Illinois. www.AndyforUSSenator.com. Comments? E-mail: AndyMart20@aol.com. Media contact: (866) 706-2639. Columns also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home