My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Monday, October 06, 2008

New York Times reports liberal rage at Andy Martin’s comments on Fox News’ “Hannity’s America”

Andy Martin becomes focal point of Obama campaign attacks. “Sean Hannity and I must be doing something right,” says Martin. “Was it liberal icon Adlai Stevenson who said ‘I’ll stop telling the truth about my opponents when they stop telling lies about me?’”

Obama smear machine targets Andy Martin

Obama’s presidential campaign attacks Andy Martin as Hawaii investigation opens

ANDY MARTIN

Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“MAN BITES DOG” STORY AS BARACK OBAMA’S MUD MERCHANTS TARGET ANDY MARTIN

NEW YORK TIMES REPORTS LIBERAL RAGE AT ANDY MARTIN’S COMMENTS ON FOX NEWS’ “HANNITY’S AMERICA”

ANDY PREDICTS THAT SEAN HANNITY’S PROGRAM ON OBAMA’S RADICAL ASSOCIATIONS IS AND WILL REMAIN THE MOST IMPORTANT OPINION BROADCAST OF THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN

“OPERATION ALOHA OBAMA” IN HAWAII: 8 DAYS AWAY!

(NEW YORK)(October 7, 2008) Over the weekend Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin sharpened their attacks on Senator Barack Obama’s associations with radicals such as mad bomber William Ayers of Chicago. According to a report in the New York Times Tuesday, Democrats retaliated by launching “strong attacks” on ContrarianCommentary.com’s Andy Martin. What? Who the hell is Andy Martin? To be attacked by Barack Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/us/politics/07fox.html

Why has Obama author Andy Martin [see below, Obama: The Man Behind The Mask] suddenly become a topic in the New York Times and the target of liberal Democratic attacks? Is the silly season early, or is there something more sinister afoot?

Why does what happened Sunday night on Fox News have the hard left in American politics “strongly attacking” Andy Martin?

A “dog-bites-man” story is not news. Dogs bite. But a “man-bites-dog” story is news, because people don’t usually bite dogs. Obama’s attacks on Martin were a man-bites-dog moment. When a presidential campaign stoops to persuade the newspaper of record, the New York Times, to focus on Andy Martin’s appearance on Sean Hannity’s program, something unusual has happened.

We know why Obama would target Sean Hannity. But Andy Martin? What’s next? A marriage proposal from Rachel Maddow? (No snickering and no Keith Olbermann jokes).

First, some context. Although the Times’ Jim Rutenberg repeated the false catechism about Obama (he hardly knew Bill Ayers, never was a Muslim, blah, blah) he did report my comments on Hannity’s program accurately. Rutenberg also disclosed that “liberals” were attacking me with 25 year-old falsehoods from a lawsuit where I was never even a party.

I don’t intend to dignify the false accusations lodged against me any further, except to say that I exposed a federal judge in Connecticut, Jose Cabranes, as a cocaine addict and crook, and he retaliated by making false accusations against me. I had the last laugh, however, because I blocked Cabranes from reaching the U. S. Supreme Court.

Obviously, if Obama has to reach back 25 years to hurl falsehoods against me he has nothing more current to undermine my credibility. I will accept Obama’s mudslinging as a compliment to my integrity, and suggest he hire new mud merchants.

Now to the crux of what happened Sunday night, because something very serious did take place to trigger Obama’s burst of bile.

First, kudos to Sean Hannity. Sean and I don’t always agree but the stars aligned Sunday night for us to perform a rare public service for every American. Hannity produced a courageous program that sought to put Obama’s lifetime of radicalism in context. Sean Hannity is one courageous broadcaster and, on the matter of Barack Obama, one insightful commentator.

Now me. I have been the pathfinder on Barack Obama for over four years. When I began, all we had was Obama’s lies. We had his “autobiography,” Dreams From My Father, which was nothing more than a fictional work. I had to hack a pathway through the forest of Obama’s evasions and prevarications. And I succeeded. Bit by bit, I built an assemblage of facts, a pathway that others coming behind me would follow. More importantly, like a crash investigator trying to paste fragments of shattered metal on a model of a downed airplane, I began to assemble the facts into coherent patterns, and then larger and larger assemblages.

All of my work came together on Hannity’s program Sunday night.

Last month I began to assemble the patterns and associations involving Obama’s lifetime of radicalism and pieced them together. I may not be 100% right, but I am not 100% wrong either. ContrarianCommentary.com produced the first Ayers-Obama-Al Mansour timeline, from California (Al Mansour) to Columbia (Ayers and Obama) to Chicago. Suddenly all of these disparate and disconnected factoids assembled into a coherent picture.

Rutenberg correctly quoted me that “I don't pretend to be an exclusively fact-based reporter, though I try as hard as I can to get to the facts.” Indeed. I am not a “reporter” assembling facts for a morning newspaper. I am an analyst and expert opinion columnist. I take “facts” that may or may not make sense in isolation, and I analyze them until patterns emerge and conclusions are apparent.

Using these time-tested techniques from Viet-Nam to Iraq, I have consistently been ahead of the news curve with “early warning” analysis of problems, and with advance notice of developing patterns. I don’t know if Mr. Ayers would like the analogy, but I am like a “Weatherman” who predicts the weather long in advance using the best information available, and as that information changes and evolves. Since all of my commentary is published under my name, I have a track record you can check. A track record of accuracy, independence and integrity.

And Sunday night Sean Hannity allowed me to tell a national audience about the developing patterns I saw in Barack Obama's life, in his career, and in a potential presidency if he were elected. I drew a line from Ayers-to-Obama-to-Chavez and Castro and, yes, that was a hard line. But a correct one. Obama's authoritarian tendencies are carefully shielded from public view. But they do emerge from time to time. Someone recently said Obama has a first class mind. He does. But he has a flawed psyche.

Barack Obama’s ideology is a dagger pointed at American democracy. I do not step back one inch from that belief, which I am confident is an informed and impartial belief.

Perhaps in an attempt to make me appear partisan, Rutenberg mentioned I was a Republican. That’s true. But when I write columns and commentary, I write impartially, not as a partisan for any campaign or cause. I skewer Republicans as often as Democrats. I have never had any contact with any presidential campaign and I scrupulously keep away from them. My ethics are at least as high as those at the Washington Post or New York Times. My opinions are my own. I have been on three (count ‘em) presidential or presidential candidate enemies’ lists, of both parties, spanning five (5) decades. I must be doing something right. And I must be an honest man.

For the first time Sunday night, a national audience got to see an informed analysis of all of the bits and pieces about Obama that are floating in the air, but which have never been pasted on the airplane (political) model of our democracy. That is why Obama panicked. Finally, he was exposed.

How the New York Times can report that the newspaper has “found no evidence that Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers were particularly close,” when they jointly administered a $100 million plus radical slush fund which they dispensed together in Chicago, is beyond me. The Times is entitled to its own opinions. The paper is not entitled to its own version of the facts (Keith and Rachel are another case entirely; they are entitled to their own world.)

Likewise, how the Times can repeat that Obama was never a Muslim, when he was obviously a Muslim until the age of ten, is another false “fact” that the Times shamelessly regurgitates as one of Obama's lies.

Some Americans are anxious to elect a black president. They are willing to cut corners to do so. I am not. I am anxious to see that we elect the best man (or woman) in dangerous times. I have no particular hatred for Barack Obama, and no particular favor for John McCain. But as a matter of analysis with integrity, and analysis with impartiality and nonpartisanship, Seam Hannity and I have it all over the New York Times. That is why I believe that Sean’s program Sunday night could just, might just become the most important TV program of the presidential campaign.

Hannity and I did something rare in journalism today: Sean was very courageous, and I was very truthful. That is why the hard left went into a paroxysm and why someone such as myself who is an Internet columnist suddenly found himself targeted by liberals at the New York Times. Hannity and I told the truth. The Emperor Obama has no clothes (or wears radical garb if you prefer).

I will do a little bit of invented dialogue:

Good night Sean (from Andy).

And good night Andy (from Sean).

We will sleep well, knowing we put principles above expediency, and told the truth about a dangerous man who very much wants to be president of the United States. And should not be.

And now you know “the rest of the story.” Good day. (And a tip of the hat to my Chicagoan neighbor Paul Harvey.)

(Good night, Sean.)

[BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15TH: ANDY MARTIN SPEARHEADS AN OBAMA INVESTIGATION IN HAWAII]

---------------------------------------------
Readers of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask, say the book is still the only gold standard and practical handbook on Barack Obama's unfitness for the presidency. Buy it.
Book orders: http://OrangeStatePress.com. Immediate shipment from Amazon.com or the publisher now available.
---------------------------------------------
FULL DISCLOSURE: I recently decided to oppose Barack Obama's election and became Executive Director of The Stop Obama Coalition, http://StopObamaCoalition.com. By default, I became the national leader of the anti-Obama movement. I am not acting as either a Democrat or Republican. I have had no contact whatsoever with the McCain Campaign. I am not a member of any political organization. The views expressed are entirely independent. I am acting as an American citizen who sincerely believes Obama is not the man we need in the Oval Office. We are going to run a very dynamic and aggressive campaign against Obama. I will continue to write my news and opinion columns for ContrarianCommentary.com. /s/ Andy Martin
----------------------------------------------
URGENT APPEAL: The Committee of One Million to Defeat Barack Obama is raising money to fight Barack Obama. http://CommitteeofOneMilliontoDefeatBarackObama.com. Please give generously up to the maximum of $100. Our ability to fight and defeat Barack Obama is directly dependent on the generosity of every American."
The Committee of One Million to Defeat Barack Obama limits itself to $100 maximum contributions; there are no bundlers, fat cats or illegal contributions. Obama is opposed to everything America stands for," says Executive Director Andy Martin. "But while Obama has raised more than a third of a BILLION dollars, his opponents have raised virtually nothing. We can't just sit back and expect John McCain to do the job all alone. Americans can either contribute now, or pay later. If we do not succeed, Obama will."
E-mail: contact@CommitteeofOneMilliontoDefeatBarackObama.com
---------------------------------------------
Andy Martin is a legendary Chicago muckraker, author, Internet columnist, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. He is currently based in New York selling his new book, Obama: The Man Behind The Mask. Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of www.ContrarianCommentary.com. © Copyright by Andy Martin 2008. Martin comments on regional, national and world events with over forty years of experience. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law.

His columns are also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com. Andy is the author of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask, published in July 2008, see http://www.OrangeStatePress.com.

MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639 or cell (917) 664-9329
E-MAIL: AndyMart20@aol.com [NOTE: We frequently correct typographical errors and additions/subtractions on our blogs, where you can find the latest edition of this release.]

3 Comments:

Blogger politicalcynic said...

Mr. Martin:

You were recently quoted as saying "I am not a 'reporter' assembling facts for a morning newspaper. I am an analyst and expert opinion columnist" who "looks for patterns" in disparate facts.

In response:

I am an expert Title VII investigator with over a decade of experience investigating and responding to claims of discrimination in the workplace. I primarily work representing employers and defending employers. I am a trained, expert investigator with an extensive background in discrimination law and in evaluating facts and reaching conclusions based on the evidence.

I was also a Reagan democrat, a Heather Wilson supporter and a Pete Domenici supporter-before we start hearing about "liberals".

And based on the evidence, it is my professional conclusion that you are a racist and the Fox News/Hannity/Martin attacks on Obama are nothing but racial and religious bigotry hiding under a thin veneer of "political commentary."

8:31 PM  
Blogger Joe the Fairness Doctrine said...

Mr Martin,
You make a strong argument. I am a Michael Steele (R-MD) fan. You make you case without any tinge of racism and that in and of its self is to applauded. Thank you.
What happens if you are successful in your challenge? Does Barack do the manly thing and step down for the the Country, his party and his own dignity -- or does he fight on and bring the country into a full blown war. Yes a war that could open old wounds overnight and be witness to the worst riots this country has seen in decades. IMHO we have to endure whatever the pin or cost to be witness to the truth - if Obama was born in Kenya so be it He must take up John McCain's slogan, put "Country First" and get out of the way.
JDG

10:53 PM  
Blogger GOONKA said...

To Politicacynic: you make the case of what a TRUE racist is. You cannot see your own racism for looking to find it in others.


To JoeTheFairnessDoctrine: Yes. I believe we will have a civil war in this country. The people will rise up.
And this isn't about race, but rather the illegality of the Presidency.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home