My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Thursday, February 08, 2007

An Open Letter to Illinis Republican Party Chairman Andrew McKenna:


ANDY MARTIN
The Right Republican for
U. S. Senator from Illinois/2008
Suite 4406, 30 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
Toll-free tel. (866) 706-2639
Toll-free fax (866) 707-2639
Web site: www.AndyforUSSenator.com
E-mail: AndyMart20@aol.com

February 8, 2007

Mr. Andrew McKenna
Chairman
Illinois Republican party
Suite 1245
205 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60606
Via fax (312) 201-0181

Dear Andy:

I was amused to read in Lynn sweet’s Sun-Times today that you are out recruiting an opponent for me in the Republican senate primary, http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/248280,CST-EDT-sweet08.article.

It is usually better for state chairmen to stay our of contested primaries. The political marketplace usually does a better job of allocating nominations than insiders and power brokers. I hope you will commit to support the winner of the primary, including me.

The Republican Party’s electoral strategy in 2006 was disastrous. When I ran my commercial in January, asking the President to “Bring Home Our heroes,” the right wing stormed. Mainline Republicans played ostrich. The result: we ignored what was on voters’ minds. Not only did federal candidates suffer, we were also creamed for local (i.e. state) offices. The party is in a parlous condition in the state legislature. On balance, I had a far, far better grasp of the “ground war” than others did.

We are never going to be close friends but at least we should try to work together for the good of all Republicans, those who like us and, yes, even those who dislike us.

As I write this my campaign is tuning our political antennae for 2008. Once again, my campaign will be ahead of the pack on campaign intelligence and strategy.

A Republican will never be able to raise enough money to put Durbin on the defensive. Indeed, Illinois’ two most recent “big money” boys have been disasters. I refer, of course, to our own Jack Ryan and the Democrats’ Blair Hull. We can only run straight at Durbin, Fighting Illini style, and confront him with the role of his party in the failed foreign policy that is endangering our future.

If we want to put a scare into Durbin we have to scare him on the issues. We have to make his multi-millions worthless.

And so, if anyone wants to run against me in the primary, “Make my day.” My campaign is on track and ahead of schedule.

What do I suggest: lets meet and see in we can cooperate instead of confronting each other. I will always be a maverick Republican on the issues but I supported the party’s nominees last year and was ready, willing and able to work.

2008 is going to be an excruciatingly difficult year for the Republican Party. That doesn’t mean we leave the playing field, go home and allow the Democrats to claim a win. There are still ways to win, and ways to fight, honest and tough. In the meantime, I will be attacking Durbin and refining my campaign strategy.

Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

With personal regards,

ANDY

AM:sp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home