My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Sunday, June 03, 2007

ANDY MARTIN SALUTES CHICAGO TRIBUNE FOR MIDDLE EAST ARTICLE,
CALLS FOR REPUBLICAN PARTY UNITY TO OPEN DEBATE, DEFEAT DICK DURBIN


June 3, 2007

ANDY MARTIN'S LETTER TO THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE, JUNE 3, 2007:

Once again, congratulations to the Tribune for publishing balanced Middle East coverage. Marda Dunsky's opinion article in Sunday's Tribune is a stunning indictment of U. S. policy. Hopefully, your fairness and balance will not change when Sam Zell takes over. That would be a tragedy for American journalism, and for the Middle East.
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Republican leader:

In the wake of my letter to you about attacks on me by "Pro-Israel Republicans," seeking to muzzle debate on our Middle East policy, I urge you to read Sunday's Chicago Tribune op-ed piece by Marda Dunsky: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-anniversary_thinkjun03,0,1997624.story?coll=chi-newsopinionperspective-hed

I have congratulated the Tribune for publishing the truth about our utter failure in the Middle East and the way our policies benefit Israel and destroy the United States.

The Tribune and I may not get along where I am involved, but the paper's Middle East coverage is a priceless asset to the public political debate that must take place in the United States.

I hope we have seen the last of the "Pro-Israel Republican" attacks on my campaign for the Senate. I think Steve Sauerberg should be asked to withdraw as a candidate. I am prepared to lead a united Republican Party in a ferocious campaign against Dick Durbin. We may not succeed in defeating Durbin but he will come out of the election bleeding from every pore, as we work together to relentlessly attack Durbin's incompetence and mendacity.

Illinois Republican incompetence gave America Barack Obama; let Illinois Republican unity produce a tough campaign against Dick Durbin, a senator who should be run out of Washington.

One of the greatest moments in Fighting Illini football history came when Chuck Boerio, an Illinois linebacker, challenged the powerful Wisconsin team to "Send [Alan] Ameche at me." Illinois won. In the same Fighting Illini spirit that Coach Ray Eliot gave me as a freshman football player at Memorial Stadium, I ask you to "Send Durbin at me."
ANDY MARTIN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home