My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Balsams and Barack Obama: Andy Martin responds to the Associated Press


Earlier today, September 19, 2012, The Associated press disseminated a national story concerning New Hampshire corruption-fighter and Internet Powerhouse Andy Martin. Rather than quibble with The Associated Press about several small factual errors, Andy herewith presents his response to the AP story. Andy recognizes that The AP has a right to its own opinions, and he has a right to “own” the facts. You be the  judge which is more colorful and accurate, the “opinions” or the “facts.” Andy has not requested either a retraction or correction from the AP since the errors are not substantial and the opinions expressed are opinions, not facts. He has suggested that the incorrect web site inserted in the story may be corrected if the AP desires to do so. Andy’s efforts to “Save the Balsams” have become a latter-day “Civil Action,” (link below) as he struggles against a corrupt legal system and to protect the rights of workers. Possible next stop for Andy: Freeport, Illinois.
 
NEWS FROM:
                                                                                          
Save The Balsams

executive director: 
Andy Martin, J. D.
adjunct professor of law

you can call Andy:
 (603) 518-7310

you can email Andy:

you can write Andy:
Andy Martin
816 Elm Street #251
Manchester, NH 03101-2105

our blog:

to become a regular subscriber to our emails please send an email to AndyMart20@aol.com and place “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:


New Hampshire corruption-fighter Andy Martin responds to The Associated Press

(Manchester, NH) (September 19, 2012) 

Dear Reader:

Earlier today the Associated Press disseminated a national story which is focused on (1) my efforts to save New Hampshire’s historic hotel “The Balsams,” and (2) my efforts to defeat President Barack Obama for reelection. The AP article is an entertaining opinion piece and I have no plans to ask for a retraction or correction. Opinions are protected under the Constitution.

The AP, however, did get the link to one of my web sites wrong. I have suggested to AP they might want to correct their own error (the fact that AP could not copy a correct web site off the Internet shows you just how easily errors find their way into modern journalism)(there is a link below to the correct web site address for my committee).

The AP writer and I did speak for 90 minutes and the article represents her opinions. I respect her right to her opinions and my own remarks which follow are merely an attempt to provide some factual context for the AP’s opinions. There are links below to the story.

The AP attempts to create some confusion about my name. There is nothing sinister or suspicious about my family name, which is part of a noble family tradition in Malta. My grandfather’s name was “Martin.” My paternal grandmother’s name was Trigona. Because my grandmother came from the Trigona family of Malta, which holds a title of minor nobility, my grandparents combined their names as is the British custom. When my grandmother died, my dad and I dropped the Trigona portion from my last name as it was superfluous. When my grandmother was alive, out of respect for her we hyphenated her name with my grandfather’s. When she died, her last name died with her.

The AP refers to me as a “legend in my own mind.” That is simply not the case. Barack Obama and his henchmen credit me with creating the anti-Obama movement; I can provide links on request. Obama’s antipathy is not a figment of my imagination. The suspicions which over 100 million Americans harbor about Obama are not “self-proclaimed.”

On the issue of who created the “Birther” movement, I don't think anyone would claim it is my “opinion” that I originated the doubts about Obama. Since then I have effaced myself from the more extreme claims of others. But my own factual allegations about Obama’ origins and personal history have never been impeached by Barack Obama or anyone else. My scholarly reputation and professional integrity are intact.

In Chicago, I helped send crooked politicians to federal prison. I am sure the criminals would not consider their incarceration imaginary or “self-proclaimed.”

During the 2008 presidential campaign someone called me the “Internet Powerhouse” because my work primarily appears on the Inherent, and yet my views have had incredible influence across print, broadcast and internet media platforms.

As for my foreign policy expertise, I have a large body of published work going back to 1967. Just check out my recent columns for a listing of the countries where I have been and when. You can judge for yourself whether I have been right or wrong on the big issues or whether I am a self-proclaimed expert.

The AP story refers to some criticism of me from a federal appeals court. As a general matter, federal judges do not like me because I constantly expose their arrogance and corruption. So I am usually criticized when I bring the truth to light. Judges don’t like that.

Judges who are embarrassed by litigants are particularly prone to abuse their public trust by attacking those who expose the perfidiousness of the judicial system. In Florida I exposed more corrupt judges and some judges lost their jobs because of me, go to: http://corruptfloridajusticeandjudges.blogspot.com/

I am about to break a major story in Concord. We’ll see how that plays out. Watch for details.

As for my attacks on Barack Obama, yes, I was in fact the originator of the movement to make Obama a “one-term president.” On September 25h I will land in Honolulu to continue my investigations into President Obama's family history. I will continue to lead efforts to defeat Obama for reelection (link below).

I graduated from law school in 1969, not 1973 as the AP reports. I was a law student researcher in the investigative reporting that forced the resignation of two Illinois Supreme Court justices. The justices were not happy to resign. Before I even graduated from law school they promised to attack my professional career.

Both the late U.S. Senators Paul Simon and Paul Douglas petitioned the Illinois Supreme Court on my behalf after the Court attacked me. Simon and Douglas are liberal icons but they defended me for exposing corruption in Illinois politics (Simon himself was censured by the Illinois Senate for exposing corruption in that body). Simon and Douglas were two of the most ethical people to ever serve in public office.

The AP quotes from a malignant Illinois Supreme Court opinion that was intended to intimidate me, and failed. You can go to my web site and see the standard certificate of appreciation I received for my Cold War service. (www.AndyMartin.com). The article does not mention I hold an Honorable Discharge from the USAFR. The attempt to discredit me was a tawdry episode in the history of the Illinois Supreme Court.

The AP accuses me of filing lawsuits “laced with anti-Semitic vitriol." That is simply untrue. In 1980-1984 I was the victim of a criminal attack originating in the bankruptcy court in Connecticut. I filed a lawsuit using a legal theory that stated religious bigotry by a Jewish attorney could be litigated as a civil rights claim.

As often happens in hotly contested court cases, nasty remarks were made on all sides by all participants. But no one ever impeached the evidence I produced to show corruption in the federal court.

Two federal judges lost their opportunity to be appointed to the Supreme Court because of their corrupt activity in the case involving me. That’s how high the stakes were, and why the feelings ran so high on all sides. My attorney at that time (1983) is available to confirm these claims. Just ask me for his name and phone number.

In an unrelated case the U. S. Supreme Court later upheld my civil rights theory against the bigoted lawyers, Shaare Tefila Congregation v. Cobb, 481 U.S. 615 (1987). How could a legal theory that was upheld by the U. S. Supreme court be “anti-Semitic?" Few people have done as much as I have to combat anti-Semitism. It is despicable that the Manchester Union Leader and the AP continue to distort the facts and to repeat this obscene and unfounded allegation.

What AP does not tell its readers is that Judge Jose “Cocaine” Cabranes had his personal divorce attorney appearing in court before him in my case. When I exposed Cabranes and embarrassed him, the judge exploded. Cabranes was a cocaine addict who may have killed one of his paramours with a cocaine overdose (Cabranes was a serial philanderer on the Yale campus).

Cabranes and another federal judge, Jon O. Newman, were candidates for appointment to the U. S. Supreme Court. After I turned my facts over to the White House and FBI, both Cabranes’ and Jon O. Newman’s careers were effectively ended and they were denied promotion to the Supreme Court. Cabranes and Newman are obviously bitter at the way I destroyed their careers.

AP refers to an attack launched on me by a perverted Chicago Tribune reporter, Rick Pearson, after I published “rumors” about U. S. Senate candidate Mark Kirk's homosexuality. My “rumor” claim was based on audio tapes which had actually been posted on the Internet by someone else (not me), and were there to be listened to by anyone. Later, homosexual activist Mike Rogers “outed” Mark Kirk as a homosexual (link below) so once again my research proved 100% correct. Kirk was recently listed as one of the most corrupt members of congress. Once again, my factual allegations were entirety accurate. Chicago media didn’t want to read or hear the truth about Kirk because media were lying to Illinois voters about Kirk's record and closeted personal life. So the media attacked me and tried to deny the facts and the truth. Are you surprised?

You can go to my website (www.AndyMartin.com) and read about some of the precedent-setting litigation I have generated. I have always appeared on behalf of the public interest. When fighting “city hall,” or “courthouse gangs,” or arrogant federal judges, winning cases is never easy. But I have done very well in a career overwhelmingly dedicated to public service.

My next effort: I am hoping to be invited to help the victims of Bain Capital in Freeport, Illinois. I am sure Bain Capital won’t like that. Bain Capital is apparently trying to export Illinois jobs to China.

I continue to be an enthusiastic supporter of Governor Mitt Romney for President and in a few days will be announcing the formation of “Romney’s Rangers” to help elect Mr. Romney to the presidency. We will be “riding to the rescue” in New Hampshire and Nevada and anywhere else we are invited.

I hope you will find the foregoing facts informative, since I base my response to the AP on objective facts and truth, not on opinions. But I also want to repeat that I respect AP’s right to be wrong. Reporters are entitled to their opinions, however erroneous their opinions may be.

The AP did quote me correctly: I am the “new sheriff in town.” If you don’t believe me, just ask the crooks that are trying to steal The Balsams.

I am very proud of my both legal career and foreign policy career and I am always disappointed when the facts and the truth are distorted. The book and movie “A Civil Action” (link below) details toxic dumping and the courageous fight to stop pollution. I have chosen to focus my career on fighting a war against the toxic environment in our judicial system. Corrupt judges and lawyers are a much greater threat to America than wayward chemicals.

Sincerely yours,

ANDY


MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639; CELL (917) 664-9329
E-
MAIL: AndyMart20@aol.com

------------------
ujntsman wasd reelected in November, 2008. A few monrths later he resigned to serve
his president,” Barack Obama. SDo whyh was it so terrible that Palin resigned and Hutsman served evenless of his secondterm? Can I say “double standard” again.

What os this show us? Whetyher thessue s resigfnaitonsor religion,th emedia shamlessly create double standards tgo favr theiiberal medioa pets (fulldisclosure; I am ot aliberalmedia pet).

LINKS TO THIS STORY (cut and paste the entire link below and not just the underlined portion):

ALeqM5gwojtFnlcwPQvZRjT-ZHsvBQXSZw?docId=
c1b86e6bbdfe44d38e6766f175c1a0bd

andy-martin-is-a-self-proclaimed-corruption-
fighter-and-crusader-against-obama/
2012/09/19/87803fae-0224-11e2-bbf0-
e33b4ee2f0e8_story.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Civil_Action



WHAT OTHERS SAY:

“Andy Martin is revolutionizing journalism… [Andy] brings to online journalism what Rush Limbaugh [brings] to radio or Michael Moore to film: sleek little stories that fit into larger political narratives…”
“The only American journalists that are “standing UP” [to Obama] are, Andy Martin…”

ABOUT ANDY:

Andy is a legendary New Hampshire, New York and Chicago-based muckraker, author, Internet columnist, talk television pioneer, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. Andy’s family immigrated to New Hampshire 100 years ago and he recently returned to make his home in the Granite State. He has forty-four years of background in radio and television. He is the author of “Obama: The Man Behind The Mask” [www.OrangeStatePress.com] and he produced the Internet film “Obama: The Hawaii’ Years” [www.BoycottHawaii.com]. Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of the “Internet Powerhouse,” www.ContrarianCommentary.com. He comments on New Hampshire, regional, national and international events with more than four decades of investigative and analytical experience both in the USA and around the world.

He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law and is a former adjunct professor of law at the City University of New York (LaGuardia CC, Bronx CC).

UPDATES:

www.twitter.com/AndyMartinUSA
www.Facebook.com/AndyMartin

Andy’s columns are also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com
ContrarianCommentary.typepad.com
andymartinusa.posterous.com

[NOTE: We try to correct any typographical errors in our stories; find the latest version on our blogs.]


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2012 – All Rights Reserved

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home