My Photo
Name:
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Can John McCain's people organize a campaign? Barack Obama's can.

Andy Martin tries to contact both Obama's and McCain's national headquarters. McCain's national operation is amateurish and ham-handed, says Martin. Obama's functions smoothly.

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

AMERICA’S #1 POLITICAL
BLOG ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

MCCAIN'S PRESIDENTIAL HEADQUARTERS IS HAM-HANDED; OBAMA'S FLOWS SMOOTHLY

OBAMA WINS ONE FROM ANDY; MCCAIN BETTER WAKE UP AND OPEN UP

(NEW YORK)(June 17, 2008) It is not often I give Senator Barack Obama a point; but when he deserves one, he gets it.

Today I had reason to contact both Obama's and Senator John McCain's national headquarters. The responses could not have been more different. Someone needs to teach McCain how to run a national campaign, or hire someone who does.

I called Obama's office first, worked my way through the phone tree, ("press 6") and someone promptly and crisply answered. I asked for a fax number, and she gave it to me.

Whether Obama's people like or dislike my communication, later today they will receive a fax. End of discussion. Obama's national office ran efficiently. Very impressive.

Then I called McCain's national campaign headquarters. It took forever for someone to answer the phone (try it). The first time I called I pushed buttons to get to someone's extension. No one answered. No one returned the call.

The second time I called I pushed the button for the press office, and some idiot munchkin answered. (Luckily for him, I did not ask for his name or it would be here.) McCain's Munchkin said they do not release a fax number, "to keep it open for incoming and outgoing faxes." Oh really. I pointed out that it was unusual for a national campaign to be run as a clandestine operation, especially by someone working in the press office.

Then the munchkin told me to write a letter to McCain's post office box.

I got nowhere. The munchkin was made of pure tree stump.

I tried asking for the person's e-mail address that I wanted to contact. "On, no," the munchkin said, "We can't give that out either. Maybe we can give you a general e-mail address and I'll try to see he gets it."

"Not good enough," I said. At that point I had had enough and wasted enough time talking to the idiot in McCain's press office at national headquarters.

I hope McCain upgrades his national staff. If he can’t do a better job of communicating with the outside world and responding to people who contact his office, his campaign will lack the heft to go forward after Labor Day when the real hand-to-hand combat with the Democrats begins. As for the McCain munchkin with the secret fax machine and secret e-mail address? He is probably looking out the window. Watching the grass grow.

McCain may have experience on his side. But if his national headquarters is any guide, he sure doesn't have competence. Maybe it's time for a smattering of the legendary McCain temper at headquarters.

Andy is the author of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask. Details on Martin’s book can be found at http://www.orangestatepress.com/. Advance orders from Orange State Press. Available everywhere in days. Because of the overwhelming pre-publication demand, Internet orders will be filled by date of order. To purchase book: http://www.OrangeStatePress.com

---------------------------------------------------------
Chicago Author, Internet journalist, radio talk show host and broadcaster, and media critic Andy Martin is the Executive Editor and publisher of http://www.ContrarianCommentary.com. © Copyright by Andy Martin 2008. Martin covers regional, national and world events with over forty years of experience. Andy is the author of Obama: The Man behind the Mask, being published in June, 2008, see http://www.OrangeStatePress.com. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. Columns also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com. MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639 E-MAIL: AndyMart20@aol.com [NOTE: We frequently correct typographical errors and additions/subtractions on our blogs, where you can find the latest edition of this release.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home